Friday, September 7, 2012

Keeping that little voice out....

I have not posted anything in a long time! I started a blog challenge (a few months back) to get pumped about posting and that fizzled out. Life is crazy right now and things are happening but there doesn’t seem to be enough time to blog about them all. I started my teaching program a few weeks ago and it’s amazing, scary, and intimidating all in one ball of crazy. I have spent the last two years doing all my generals and now I am a junior at NNU taking the classes that will help me become an amazing teacher. It’s been interesting these last few weeks and so many emotions have been going through my head. The main one is: can I really be a teacher. Am I really cut out for this? I WANT to be a teacher and I feel in my heart I would make an excellent teacher but at the same time that little voice in my head tells me I can’t do it. I try and shut that little voice up any chance I get, but he likes to creep in whenever possible. When I was younger I loved school. Our lives were so crazy and school became a place to escape all of it. At school it was safe and we had a routine. We were able to eat a hot meal and were surrounded by people who wanted us to be there. I loved learning at school, and reading new and exciting books. I had many teachers who knew what was going on at home even though I didn’t realize they were aware. Maybe that’s why they took special attention to my brother and I. My desire to become a teacher comes from my own experiences as a child. I want to make an impact in a child’s life and be the safe, happy, and loved placed for them. I want to inspire them to be better and do better even with their limited circumstances. I want them to know that the bad things in life don’t define them, they define themselves. Teachers can make a huge impact in a child’s life whether it’s positive or negative and I want to be that positive force. Anyways, I’m excited and extremely nervous for this next year and am hoping I can measure up to all I want to be. Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment