Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Anniversary (yesterday)

P5030299

Three years ago my hubby and I got married. It was the best day of my life so far. I was super nervous right before walking down the isle. I’m not sure why I was so nervous, I mean we had been together for almost seven years at this point. I think I was nervous because it was a commitment. I told him before we got married that divorce wasn’t an option. I didn’t plan on getting married to then get divorced and if we were going to have kids I definitely wasn’t going to get divorced. The last three years of married life hasn’t been all that different than the first seven years of “dating”. We were already living together and had joint accounts together and we were very much committed. I think the biggest difference was that we had a piece of paper saying we were committed.

In the last three years we have bought a house, got a dog, added a roommate to the house, and both started going to school. In these last years we have had several heartaches with my grandma passing away, my brother passing away very sudden, and learning that Matt’s step mom has cancer.

I thank God everyday for bringing Matt into my life and allowing us to connect in a way that I never imagined. He is my best friend and the person that I want to grow old with. I can’t wait to see what the next five years holds for us; even if its bad or good we will be in it together.

Happy Anniversary Hubby, its been the best three years of married life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi My BFF! Happy B-lated 3 year wedding anniversary! I am so happy for you and Matt. You both truly complete each other and bring out the best in each other. I just wish we all lived closer because The SalasS would be our double dating couple. We just love you both to pieces! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete