Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Must Be Crazy

I have been wanting to run a race or a marathon for several  years. I wouldn’t claim to be in the best shape but I want to eventually be in good shape, I just want to be healthy. About three weeks ago I decided to start running. I read this blog http://whatsyourstoryfitnesslevel10.blogspot.com/2010/05/anchors-aweigh-baby-anchors-aweigh.html  and I decided I needed to do something. I figured 20 minutes a day is nothing, I can wake up a little early and do this. I knew that if I didn’t do it in the morning it wasn’t gonna happen. So for three weeks now I have been running for 30 minutes four times a week. I feel great and and so proud of myself. Matt is proud of me too which makes it that much better.

So back to the crazy part. For the last couple of years I have wanted to run a race but another year would pass and I wouldn’t even have started running. Monday I started looking up some local 5k races and then found a 5k podcast (training podcast) and set a date. I am going to run  the see jane run half marathon and 5k http://www.seejanerun.com/t-See-Jane-Run-BOISE-Half-Marathon-and-5K.aspx on June 18th. I told my coworker Felicia about it and she’s game so we are going to do it together! I have started my training and in eight weeks I will be running like a mad woman. I am so excited about this new adventure!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome, Michelle!! I am so proud of you. Way to push yourself and get up early and run. Good luck on the race I know you'll do great. I can't wait to hear all about it when you do it. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete