Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory

IMG_0145

First off I have to say this is a picture of my nephew Mason and isn’t he a stud?! Second I have to point out he’s wearing a glove!! I had to confirm this with my brother because I couldn’t believe that he was rocking a glove and he looked like a natural!! This picture brings to mind one very special memory and other nice ones as well.

The day my sister in law went into labor I was over four hours away but I jumped in my car when I got the call and rushed to Lapwai Idaho. When I got there of course Mason wasn’t ready to come into this world just yet so we waited another few hours until Hattie, my sister in law started to push. My brother came out and told me and my mom he wanted us in the room when he was being born. I have to admit I was scared but excited. I wasn’t sure what to expect but honored my brother allowed me to take part in this special moment. Well without getting too weird and gushy I have to say it was the best thing I have witnessed in my life so far. Seeing a human being born was amazing and I couldn’t believe how much I loved this little guy who I didn’t even carry in my own belly. He was so tiny with this big head but so cute and precious. Being able to see this miracle is a memory I will never forget.

Little Downtown Mason Brown (as he’s known to his buddies) is a spitting image of my brother Randy which brings me to my other memory. He’s hyper like my brother is/was but cute and sweet at the same time. Whenever I am around Mason I feel like I am a kid again and it’s like being around my brother. I have a great brother who works hard for his family, loves his boys, and his wife. We were always super close growing up and have remained that way for the most part. As you grow you do change but I couldn’t ask for a better brother. The one thing I notice about my brother now that we are older is that he can handle a stressful situation better than I can. He is the person you want by your side when things get rough because he stays calm and keeps everyone together. When my grandma and my step brother passed away Randy was the one that kept us all together. I tell my husband all the time that my brother is a great dad and I can’t wait for him to be an uncle to our kids one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment