Thursday, November 10, 2011

Memories

I remember when I first met Matt I could tell his family meant the world to him. This was a different concept for me because my family has always been pretty much scattered all over. I stopped living with my mom the summer before sixth grade and have moved a lot and never really lived near any of my family. Even now my family doesn’t live close and you learn to adapt to that. As I get older though I appreciate family and long to live near them.
But Matt is defined by his family. They have helped shape him into the wonderful man he is. They helped guide him and teach him to be a decent person. I can see the many facets of him and can pin point which family member he got that from. I love that about him. I love how much he will do for his family even if they wouldn’t always do the same for him. It’s a good feeling to see someone with such a big heart give so freely to the people he loves.
Matt always talks to me about the good parenting skills his dad has taught him. He says that he didn’t do anything bad because his dad only had to give him “the look” and he wouldn’t dare do anything bad. It’s “the look” that Matt says he wants to do to our kids. As Matt gets older he resembles his dad so much more and I can imagine how he will look at his Dad’s age. Even down to this little patch of hair that Matt has on his hand in the same exact spot and Matt brings that up often. It’s weird how when you age you start to resemble your parents so much more.
Its crazy how fast life passes you by before you have the proper chance to tell someone how much you care about them and how much they mean to you. You want to tell them about the time you told them you loved them and they said it back and you appreciated it more than they could know. Or the time you saw them in so much pain dealing with the worst thing imaginable and you prayed to God to take it away. You want them to know how much they truly mean to you but words just can't express.
Life is a precious thing, something that should never be taken for granted.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment