Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mr. Homemaker

For the last month my hubby hasn’t been working. When he started his IT program in august he went part time at Pepsi. This was to allow him more flexibility with school since that is Monday through Friday 8am to noon. He worked part time for a few months until Pepsi let him go. It wasn’t a huge shocker since it was a possibility the whole time. Pepsi doesn’t do part time and were making an exception for him. So for the last month he hasn’t had a job and there have been some definite perks. When he gets out of school he spends a few hours a day going grocery shopping, going to the bank, cleaning the house, doing laundry, and making dinner. Since I work full time and go to school as well this has been a huge help for me. I don’t have to worry about the dinner or house stuff because I know he has it taken care of. My hubby has gotten really good at doing all these things that it will be missed when he starts working again.
Last night we were talking about him getting a part time job, something around 20 hours a week and I have to admit a little part of me was saying no! I know he will still help around the house but I also know he won’t be able to help as much and I really got used to it! It’s nice to have a partner who can step up and help where you are lacking. I always tell my hubby we are a great team.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment